Today I finished cutting out the wheels for the train log car. They look pretty cool - even in a pile on the floor. They need to be cleaned up and sanded down in readiness for paint.
I also did more fabricating on the train engine frame. The heavy bumpers were welded up and then attached to the frame assembly. The side rails for the deck were also cut and welded into place. The next steps will be to start in on the boiler assembly. I've measured up the lengths of pipe I need. I'll begin this work while the wheel truck components are being carved.
Before long this thing will be looking like a train. Stay tuned...