Sometimes we can find the most creative solutions to a design challenge where we might least expect them. A few weeks ago I was in Toronto doing a Sign Magic Workshop. I went to a dollar store there to get some stir sticks and some small cups to mix our paint in. As I walked the isles looking for what I needed I found some massive plastic rubies. They were a whopping two dollars too! I imediately thought they might work perfectly for the crown jewels I needed for the signs at the pub. I knew Phoebe would love any spares we had as well.
Tonight I finally got to the project. It was a simple matter of drilling some large holes in the crown and sticking in the jewels. A little sculpting epoxy formed the claws of the mounts. The sign is now ready for paint at last!
Stay tuned for painting progress...