Fish surgery

Before we got past the primer stage it was time to do one a test fit to make sure everything was good with the submersible wings, props and other protruding bits now finished. The fish fit into the booth nicely with adequate and balanced clearance on all sides. But it sat a little high and after some discussion we decided to drop it by about eight inches. This meant a little surgery was in order on the base. We measured and marked everything carefully and then Matt broke out the grinder for the cutting. In less than an hour the fish and stand were back together once more and much closer to the ground. Next week we’ll cut some decorative elements to replace the sea horses. It won’t take long to weld them in place. Then we’ll test fit one final time before the painting crew works their magic.

fish surgery.png
Dan SawatzkyComment