As is often the case, the plan that unfolded today wasn’t quite the one we started with in the morning. Peter and Matt were supposed to be welding armatures for the bulk of the day. Grant was going to be applying the diamond lath. But as they walked by where the castle gate was to be installed Peter decided it was time to clean up the footings for the castle gate. Then the plan went out the window. I checked on them just before lunch and we agreed the the castle gate base section could be set in place today rather than waiting until next week. The bottom section section installed so smoothly we decided to install the top piece as well. This was the first time the two pieces had been mated together and they looked positively massive in place. We are very excited to lift the other pieces of the castle in place soon.